Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We had a great Christmas this year. We stayed here in Gunnison and spent it with Dev's family. It was our third Christmas together and I am now 3 for 3 on surprising Devin for Christmas. That is my favorite part. This year I got him a flat screen TV and he had no idea. A week before Christmas Dev had to go get something in his parents basement (which is where I had hid his TV) and he comes up after taking a long time and tells me all excited that there was a flat screen TV down there covered by a blanket. I was SO mad. but he had no clue it was for him and decided it was prob for someone else in the family, never guessing that I had bought it for him. But on Christmas eve just to make sure he didn't suspect we made up a story that it was for his Uncle for Christmas and that his Aunt had asked to hide it there. So Devin's dad came and asked him to help him bring the TV out to the car with him and then his dad even drove to their house pretending to drop it off. So then Dev was really convinced it wasn't for him. So on Christmas morning we opened all our presents and Dev opened just 2 small presents and then we cleaned up all the boxes and starting getting ready for breakfast. Dev was changing Cooper's diaper and his Dad and Brother put the TV on the table with a big bow. When he walked into the Kitchen he was SO surprised. It was great! Then we just played games all day! I love Christmas!

3 comments:

Kristen Weller said...

What an awesome surprise! Steve and I aren't very good at sruprising each other- we always accidentally find out or are too excited to keep it secret!

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas! How do you look that good on Christmas morning right out of bed? Beautiful girl! And, how cute is Cooper in his new clothes?! Sorry he is teething... You get early teethers like me! Have fun with that!!! Hope you are enjoying the TV, Devin! Jason loves our big TV... sometimes too much! Glad you were able to spend some fun time in Cedar... it's my favorite place! Have a great new year!

SarahC said...

That was a great surprise! Chris & I have been married for 4 years & I have never been able to surprise him with anything. He always finds out somehow.