Sunday, June 1, 2008

NASCAR in Dover, Delaware!
Us and the Monster mile!
Right after a really big wreck

All the techs in our office and Me went to Nascar in Delaware. I had never been to Nascar before and honestly I think its a really boring sport to watch on TV. Its just cars going round and round a track, right? So I didn't really know what to expect when we got there. And I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I was going to. My favorite part was when they first start the race, the cars are SO loud and its really amazing how fast they are going around the track. I was completely fascinated for the first 20 or so laps. Right at the beginning there was a huge wreck that took out a bunch of cars that was awesome to see, but also scary, they were going so fast it was crazy to see so many totaled cars. After that It got kinda monotonous.. 400 laps takes a long time. But i really liked the end too, where the winner does his burn out and they shoot fireworks. So overall it was pretty fun, a little long but I'm glad I can now say I have been to Nascar.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How FUN!! You are sure getting to do a bunch of fun stuff out there!! In some ways I wish I was there...but in others...man does it feel good to be home! I can't wait for you guys to get back. Then we can start working on getting you ready for the BABY! We miss you guys!!

fasdfasdsadf said...

I wish I was there.. :( I am coming home today! woo hoo! missed you guys! see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

FUN FUN!! Ok that really looks like a lot of fun to me...I really wish I was there too to enjoy some of the things you are getting to do out east! ;0) Sure do miss you guys and our summer we had last year together...

SISSY said...

that is awesome! I am with you though, I could handle like 20 laps, and I would say "ok, I'm done"
Fun to go experience that though :)

Powell said...

I never thought I would be a Nascar fan but watching it in person is way more fun, especially if your not so close. You guys had to sit a little too close but we sat on the very front like that our first race- you just need ear plugs!!