Tuesday, May 27, 2008

At the Liberty Bell

Tomb of the unknown soldier
Independence Hall

Statue of George Washington

We went and toured Philly with our friends Boone and Krystal and it was really cool to see all the sights. I especially liked Independence Hall where men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin all met among others and signed the Declaration of Independence. Also we got to see the Liberty Bell, Franklin Court, and the tomb of the unknown soldiers where over 2000 soldiers were buried from the Revolutionary War. It's very humbling to see some of the places where this great nation started and where men brave enough to fight for our independence once met. I'm so grateful for these men and that because they trusted in God we have the great country that we do. I'm so proud to be an American!



6 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

What a cool field trip! You are so beautiful . . . ever since I mentioned to Ksenya that we'd see you in Nauvoo and that you have a baby in your belly - she's been drawing pictures of you and her together (you are always wearing matching dresses). So funnY! Sure love you guys!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Those are some places that I wish we could have seen! You look so good...I can't believe it! Miss you!!

SISSY said...

That is so cool sissy! I love your cool shirt you are wearing :) I think i own one like that.... hmmmm...
I sure miss you, and am jealous that you get to go there without me. Looks like you are having funnn fun!
Love you

The Ball Family said...

That looks like so much fun. I wish I could be with you on all your many adventures.

The Jensen's said...

THis looks so fun! I would love to see that stuff.

Toni said...

Fun! it looks so cool out there? I am jealous, I want to see.... :)