Friday, May 16, 2008

Our apartments in Philly!Our River! I love the Greenery next to it! We can see it from our apartment! Its calling to me and one day I will swim in it! =)
Just ME! Went dark again- Just can't keep track of what my hair color is now can we!
So here is a peak at our life in Philly. This is where I spend most of my time. At the apartments, either at home, the office, at the gym, at Krystals, at the pool, or taking Dottie on a walk. Since I don't have a car I only get to venture out with Devin. Well for the most part. Except this week on our day off, Wednesday Me and my friend Krystal decided we wanted to be dropped off at the mall. We shopped for 5 hours and then went to catch the bus home. We are obviously NOT your average bus riders. So here are some rules to follow next time you attempt to ride the bus home. Number 1- you must have exact change when trying to pay for the bus. The bus driver does NOT have change for a 20. hah Number 2- The Bus does not stop at every designated stop UNLESS you first pull the cord. Sad to say but if you do not pull the cord the bus will not stop and you WILL miss your stop. Number 3- When everyone gets off the bus except for you and the Bus driver says, "Well Ladies this is as far as my bus goes." get very worried and hope and pray you have a nice bus driver that will take you home and not just drop you off in some random town far from where you live! and Number 4- when you do get dropped off at the right stop make sure that you are able to get home from your stop and the key thing here is BEFORE you actually attempt it at 10 o clock at night. So after missing our stop and riding the bus for what should have been a ten minute ride for over an hour we finally got dropped off at the right stop. But what we didn't realize is that from our stop to our house is about 200 feet of no sidewalk right by a freeway on ramp and off ramp and lots of fast moving cars! So just picture 2 girls with shopping bags running wildly to get from point A to point B. After all was said and done was our adventure to the mall worth it! OH YES every second was worth it!


11 comments:

fasdfasdsadf said...

oh my gosh! that is the best blog i have ever read! lol that was a good time.. kinda! I was getting nervous there for a while on that bus! hehehe your so fun I am so glad I have you out here barring the traffice and bus ride with me!! your the best! :)

SISSY said...

Ha ha!
i should have given you some tips from my bus riding days. since you are the princess and had your own car, you don't know about these things :) I rode the bus for 3 years, yes, 3 stinking years! i was pro!
Loved the photos, you look soooo pretty my beautiful sissy. I love seeing the photos of where you live, post some more. Love you

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS! I have my own simular bus stories from riding a bus for a while in Honolulu when we lived there! SO FUN! I LOVE your apt...so cute and I really like the style and architecture of the building...it reminds me of SC too with the river slowing by...ah, I would love to raft that river with you if I were there!

The Ball Family said...

Haha!! Sounds like you had another good adventure. You will never forget how to ride a bus.

Toni Dee! said...

OK - try not to get yourself killed out there! Sounds like quite the adventure. That's the point where I would just sit down and wait for Ty to come save me, good for you for saving yourself!

Anonymous said...

What a fun adventure! That's a story for your kids!

LauraBro said...

I LOVE your hair Sarah! How are you feeling? I'm just waiting ---counting the hours till this baby girl decided to grace us with her presence! I hope you are feeling good! Luv ya!

Powell said...

Hey! Thanks again, my hair really did turn out good. Even though it's dark i really like it! You did good.

The Jensen's said...

Hey Looks like you guys are havin a good time! Hope all is well Karalee

Necia and Joe Shumway said...

wow my apartments look just like that! So I haven't really seen you in a while! We need to do something! Especially since we are out here together silly!!!!

The Jensen's said...

Yep summer sales again... Jorg is techin. NY is deffinitely a different place! I didnt know you were havin a baby... YAY! thats fun congrats well i hope things are going great for you