Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We went and weighed Cooper today and he has hit the big 10 pounds! what a chunk. I can't even believe that he has gained 7 pounds since he was born. He loves sleeping by the fire and looking at bright lights. He esspecially loves the lights on the christmas tree, and when I dance with him and sing to him. I love spending everyday with my sweet angel baby. The world likes to make us think that success is measured by what career we have or what degree but now I can see more and more each day what was meant by "No other success can compensate for failure in the home." And I really truly think that if I don't do one other thing in life being a mother has made me successful. I sure love my sweet little boy. and in other news the holiday season has officially started for us in the Ball home! Devin just finished his finals and has a 25 day break to be home with me! Today was his first day to have absolutely no homework or tests to study for, and I just love having my husband all to myself. He did so good in his first semester of Nursing school and is loving it but this was a much needed break for us. And honestly I am more excited that he is home with me for the next little while than I am about Christmas. It feels a lot more like Christmas around here with Devin home!

6 comments:

Kristen Weller said...

I used to think that I would be dissatisfied being a stay-at-home mom, but I think one of the hardest things I have to do every day is take Josh to the sitter so I can go to work. You are so blessed to be able to spend so much time with your sweet baby! You are lucky to have your husband home all the time too- I don't get mine back until Dec. 20th!

Markell said...

Wow your little man might catch up to my chunker. she is at 14.5 pounds I can hardly her in her carseat anymore. haha. But it is the best to be a mommy! I'm with ya.

SISSY said...

My sissy. You are such a good mommy, and you are absolutely right! It is the best job and the hardest I have had. But it is so worth it!
I can't believe how big he is! I love the last photo with his tongue out. What a stink! Kiss him from his auntie. Love you, can't wait to see you soon

April said...

Move over, Cooper! I want to stretch out and take a nap by the fire too! Jan'l stole my thunder with the tongue comment. I LOVE it! He is such a cute guy. I'm glad you've got Devin home for a while. You deserve it, especially after such a wild September and October. Merry Christmas, Ball Family!

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

Sarah, Your blog is darling! I love that picture of all of you at the top! So precious. I had a great time visiting with you last weekend! I called the scrapbook store and they still have tickets for the spring retreat... I really want you to come with me. Have a great Christmas if I don't see you before then!

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

I've been trying to call Gayle at the bank this morning to get your cell number... sorry to leave all this on your blog! The spring retreat is always the second saturday in March, which will be March 14th. I hear you about Christmas time money... They said they still have several tickets left. So you could wait till next month, or maybe even feb... It is at County Keepsakes in Salina. (529-1055) It is $90. I am also in a Scrapbook club through Close to My Heart stamping company that meets once a month. You could do that with me, too. They have darling stuff. It's just a $15 minimum order each month. But I'm so excited that you like to scrap! Talk to you soon!