Monday, August 11, 2008

On the Move... AGAIN!!

And we are on the move again! Heading back home to Utah. We are SO excited! I am so relieved that we survived another "alarm" summer. It is hard and Devin works his butt off all summer long. We left Utah the end of March and Devin has been working hard since then. It takes a lot to stay motivated all summer to work. Especially when family at home are going camping, boating, BBQ's and all the other fun summer stuff we miss out on. We are glad we came out here this summer and have had a lot of fun experiences, but are so ready to be home in Utah again. It is amazing that after being away from home for 5 months I realize more and more all the reasons why I love living in Utah so much. I love being near family, I love being able to go to Sunday dinners at our parents homes, birthday parties, or just spending the weekend with them. I love the Mountains! I love the red dirt. I love the dry mountain air with no humidity, it is so awesome to not feel moist all over your body all day long. I love the people, just random strangers smiling at you in the grocery store. It will be nice to have people look at my pregnant belly with a smile and think that I am old enough to be married and pregnant instead of out here the way the look on their face says, "teen pregnancy!" because they just can't fathom that I would actually choose to marry at my age. I love not having to pay a toll for everywhere we want to go! I love being surrounded by people with my same values. I am so excited to live in a small town. I am really looking forward to living in Gunnison, away from traffic and the big obnoxious city, just a down to earth slow paced life where people know the meaning of life and live it to the fullest. That is where I fit in and where I am really meant to be. I love so many things about living in Utah I can't even begin to name them all. But being away has been a great adventure for us and I have enjoyed our time here and am thankful that it made me love my home that much more! Here's to home to Utah and to getting there soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Utah! We can't wait for you to get home! Drive safe, and see you on SUNDAY!!! love you guys!

Kristen Weller said...

And even more exciting is hooray for Sanpete County! Welcome home! (Now that you are so far in your pregnancy, I think we should start calling you Sarah Peed-her-pants again. You'll see what I mean! You go to the bathroom like every 45 minutes!)

Toni said...

Ha ha, your funny, the part about people looking at you like your crazy for marring for so young :) I'm not prego but some of my clients in Logan (that were obviously not from utah) would always be disgusted when I told them I was married. So I get it. Your moving to Gunnison! Thats a good place, Devin applied for a job in Fillmore, I don't know if we will get it but we could be neighbors (kinda). What is your husband going to do there? Does he have a job or whats your plan?

April said...

So beautifully said. I'll miss your amazing adventures on the East Coast, though. I was enjoying my own personal "travel channel."

The Ball Family said...

I can't wait to see you. We will live kinda close. We need to play!

Toni Dee! said...

There's definitely something to us "small-town" girls huh? So excited to hear that you made it in one piece and I'm praying for a safe and comfy journey for you (I hate traveling pregnant).

Unknown said...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I feel exactly the same way and can't wait until we get home as well. 2 more months for us, not too long. I have to keep telling myself its not to far away or I'll go crazy.

SISSY said...

You know the west is the BEST! And I am so glad you are sure of it. I need you by ME!!!! I love you sissy ;) I am so glad you are back in the west, and I can't wait til you get your home in Gunnison. I will definately come to visit.