Monday, July 7, 2008

NEW YORK CITY!!!

Empire State BuildingOn the ferry to the Statue of Liberty


Pictures from going to see the Statue of Liberty. It was really cool to see up close. They don't let you go up in it anymore because there is no quick way to evacuate people since it is just one spiral staircase going up to the top.


Us at the Manhattan Temple. It is right in the middle of the city but when you walk in the front doors the same spirit is there.

Me and Devin went on a harbor lights night cruise that takes you all along the shore of New York City and down under the bridges, by the statue of Liberty and back around. It was beautiful. Especially the sunset!


At the Broadway play Wicked. It was SO good! Devin wasn't really excited to go because he doesn't really like musicals but he ended up loving it and wanted to see it again! it really is a must see. I loved it and now can't stop playing the CD at home. The music is so good, especially after you have seen the play!
On the 4th of July we went to the Yankees- Red Sox game at the Bronx. They are tearing down the Yankees stadium after this year and Devin really wanted to see it before they did. We went to Monument park in the Stadium that has all the monuments of all the greats that played for the Yankees through the years. Devin loved it! The game was alot of fun. It was hard to get tickets for the game being on the 4th but we managed to get some at the very top. Well it rained out the game and so there was a rain delay.. most everyone went home so when the game started up again we moved down. It worked out perfect! And even better, the Red Sox won! Below is a picture of all of us waiting for the fireworks to start. It started to rain and we only had one umbrella for all of us! The fireworks were amazing, even in the rain. It was fun to see so many let off at once but I still prefer the small town firework shows while laying on the grass in a blanket instead of watching in the company of a million people!
Us playing on the Big piano from the movie BIG in Fao Schwartz on Fifth avenue and below is a pic of me and Dev in times square at night!
Last week Devin took off four days of work and we drove to NYC to meet Devin's family, they flew out from Utah for the vacation! We all rented a house in Queens like 30 minutes from the city by train. We had so much fun getting to see family this summer, usually we go all summer without seeing anyone! We stayed there 5 nights and rode the train every morning into the city to see the sites. There is a lot to see in New York and we crammed all that we could into the 4 days we were there. We got to see Central Park, 5th Avenue, Statue of Liberty, Broadway, Yankee Stadium, Chinatown, Little Italy, Times Square, The Empire state Building, Rockefellar Center, World Trade Center Site and many more. My favorites would have to be Wicked, the Yankees game, Times Square and the Ground Zero Tour. On the Ground Zero Tour they take you through a gallery of pictures and quotes from people who were there on September 11 and then on a tour to see the site from an adjacent building. The tour guides are people that were there on Sept 11, it was really cool to hear their stories and to really picture what it would have been like on that day. It really hit closer to home to be there and was really touching to read the stories of people that lost their loved ones and coworkers. I also really liked Times Square at night. So many lights and tons of people and shops and fun places to eat! We had a lot of fun in New York and were so glad we got to go. NYC is so busy with so many people and we had fun seeing it but decided we really do like our laid back slow paced life in Utah!!

10 comments:

Joe&Steph said...

You guys look like you are having so much fun. Have you met my cute friend Carson yet? I love your little baby bump!

fasdfasdsadf said...

Looks like fun! I will have to see all your pictures you took! I can't wait to see it.. I have been waiting all summer to go there! :)

Anonymous said...

These photos bring bakc such wonderful memories for me! I LOVVED NYC soo much on our visit too! It is truly an amazing place to see and there is SO MUCH to see at that! I enjoyed looking at these b/c it reminds me of our own visit there back in 1999! LOVE IT!

The Jensen's said...

OMG... Hey So guess what Jorgan & I were @ wicked on the 7th too!!!! & we went to the Yanks Game that day! I can't believe you were here. What all did you guys do? I hope that you had fun. Jorg talked to gale on the phone a few weeks ago & she said they were coming out, but I didn't know your family was too. How's being pregnant? Sick lots? Have a good day kara

The Jensen's said...

it looks like(from your pics) you were sitting directly above us @ wicked & @ the game... that is so crazy!!

The Jensen's said...

Oh thats fun. WE did everything on Sunday as you know the whole summer jazz sunday is the only free day to play. Well thats good I'm glad you had such a fun time!

Toni Dee! said...

That's incredible! What a fun place to visit . . . and cool things to do! You got some great pictures too. So glad to see you guys are happy and healthy! LOve you.

Toni said...

I am so jealous! I went to New York a year ago and loved it, and LOVED wicked! its the best.... you pics make me want to go back! New York does not sound fun to Devin at all.... so I don't know if I will ever get him there. But you guys look like your having fun, your always doing something fun!

Anonymous said...

In a way, I am so jealous of your pictures. It is still hard to believe that we were only six hours away, and didn't go and visit there. I would have loved to see the Statue of Liberty! See you guys soon! YAY!

SISSY said...

That sounds like an awesome trip! I am so glad you got to go see NYC! I would love to do that one day. Just to say I did :) You went to a lot of places!! Good memories.... I miss you, and can't wait til I get to see you ! Love you