Monday, April 21, 2008



"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for!! "

We are excited to announce we are having a baby this October!
We couldn't be happier about having a baby and are really excited to be parents. It's wierd to think that I'm actually old enough to be a Mommy =) I'm almost out of my first trimester and hope to be feeling great again soon! This first little bit has been full of not only morning sickness, but ALL day sickness! FUN! But the hardest thing has been to get over my aversion to food. Eating is a nightmare and nothing ever looks good, which would be great if I was trying to lose weight but isn't so good when I have a growing baby inside! I hope to love food again soon! I don't mind being sick though, it will all be worth it when I hold my sweet angel in my arms.
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! I have been thinking of you and wondering if you were able to eat anything lately! ;0) You are almost "there"! Hang in there, it's around the bend! I will look forward to watching her/him grow as the days and weeks roll by! Keep eating those saltines, you can do it! And don't forget to take photos of your changing belly! I have been documenting weekly and it's sooo fun to look back and see how I've grown! lol

Launi said...

hooray! that's wonderful! congratulations, guys!

Jami said...

Sarah and Devin,
Congratulations!! That is really exciting for you both. I hope you start liking food again, too, Sarah! What a bummer to feel so gross :S We wish you the best!
Jami and Travis Nichols

Toni Dee! said...

YAY Sayra! I'm so excited to meet this new little person. You are both so fun and I know that you'll be great parents - it's such an adventure. Here's hopin' for a healthy mom & baby all the way through!

Chris & Jennie said...

Sarah! That's awesome! We are so so excited for you! Horray! Hopefully you'll get feeling better quickly. Best wishes!

Joe&Steph said...

Sarah!!!! I am so excited for you guy! That is so exciting. I hope you get feeling better. October babies are the best. You should try for the 13th. Ha ha

Jill and Chris said...

Congrats guys. It is the best thing that could ever happen to you! We like it so much we decided to have another one! :) Its awesome. I was DEATHLY sick my WHOLE pregnancy so I can totally relate. All I can say is Zophran is amazing.

Brandi said...

Yay sarah!!! Wow, that took me a little off guard! How exciting. First tri, have you grown noticeably yet? It is so crazy to think about! I am so excited for you!!!

fasdfasdsadf said...

HEY! yes i feel like we are living in the world of friends! i love that we live so close :) it has been fun so far. can't wait till marissa gets here! so i am not figuring out this blog thing, can't figure out how to get my page looking better and how to post blogs with pics! i might need some of you help! I am so glad you guys are here to. LOVE YA GIRLY! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey...I was waiting for this post! I can't tell you how excited I am for you guys. Plus that I will be the only auntie around for a while! YAY! Come home soon so that we can start making stuff for the little baby!

Toni said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! (I found your blog off steph's) But you going to be a mommy? How fun! -toni

LauraBro said...

Sarah!!! HOORAY! I am so excited for you---being a mommy is the best thing in the entire world---I'm glad that you are almost out of the sick stage! 2nd trimester is the best! keep us posted on if it's a boy or girl---I've only got 4 weeks to go till our girl comes-yea!

SISSY said...

Hey my sissy!
Your blog looks so great! i love it! How did you do all that? I am sooo sooo impressed. I love your quotes too. Good job sis.
How are you feeling? I miss you! I will call you soon.

The DeMille Digest said...

Congratulations Sara! That is so special and awesome!